Batman: Arkham Origins is an action/brawler game created by Warner Bros. Entertainment. Batman must beat up reams of thugs and assassins for the safety and glory of Gotham City. To survive, he’ll need to punch, block, upgrade his skills, and change his suit once in a while. Here strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to make sure the Batman stays alive for one more night.
- Batman: Arkham Origins is free to play. You can download it by using the “Available On” box at the top of this page.
- A story sequence follows that explains the game’s premise. You can skip it if you want.
- A tutorial will introduce you to the basics of Batman: Arkham Origins.
- Once you’re through with the tutorial, you can get around to making Gotham a safer, happier place. Good luck.
How to Play
- Objective – The events of Batman: Arkham Origins take place during Batman’s early years as a crime fighter. It’s Christmas Eve in Gotham City, and some assassins are whipping themselves into a festive mood by participating in a one-night contest to kill Batman. Batman must protect his life while clearing Gotham of its thug problem.
- Main Menu and Options – You can tap the “Menu” tab at the bottom of the screen at any time to access Batman: Arkham Origins’ main menu and options. In the options menu, you can adjust volume, sound effects, and replay the opening movie.
- Stamina – Performing a mission costs stamina points, which slowly refill over time (approximately one bar every five minutes). You can use WayneTech points to fill up Stamina automatically.
- WayneTech Points – WayneTech points are rare currency that can be used to purchase upgrades, temporary boosts, stamina, and new suits for Batman. You’re awarded WayneTech points for completing missions successfully, and you can also buy them via microtransactions.
- Skill Points – Completing missions also grants you skill points, which you can filter back into upgrading your skills and stats.
- In-App Purchases – Press the “Plus” icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen to buy in-game currency like skill points and WayneTech points with real world cash.
- Assault Stance – The assault stance is Batman’s default stance. He does the most damage when attacking bad guys, and successful blows charge up devastating special attacks.
- Guarded Stance – The guarded stance lets Batman take a more cautious approach to fights. He does less damage in this position, and successful attacks charge up a healing skill that restores health if it’s used when full.
- Blocking – Blocking enemy attacks at the right moment can greatly lessen damage. Use them wisely.
- Combos – Linking attacks lets you execute combos. Combos do more damage than normal kicks and punches.
- Special Attacks – Landing punches successfully lets you charge up your special attack meter. If Batman is in assault stance, his special attacks will deal heavy damage to the enemy. If he’s in defensive stance, his special attacks will restore and protect him.
- Upgrading Skills – Use skill points to upgrade Batman’s skills and special attacks. These upgrades let him deal heavier attacks, absorb more damage, and add punch to his specialties.
- New Bat-Suits – Batman can buy suits that grant him more health, better speed, and the ability to dole out more damage in combat. Some of these suits also double as nods to Batman’s long history, including suits from the original ‘60s TV series and Batman Beyond.
- One-Time Boosts – If you’re having a particularly hard time with a mission, you can buy one-time boosts before jumping into the fray. These boosts grant Batman extra attack power, defense, or faster skill recharges for a certain number of missions. One-time boosts cost WayneTech points.
The Map/Missions Screen
- Story Missions – Story missions on the map screen that are marked with a red Bat Signal need to be completed as part of the game’s story. Blue Bat Signals mark side quests that may reward you with valuable skill points.
- Daily Challenges – Daily challenges pop up on the map every 24 hours. They’re marked by a calendar icon. Complete them for big rewards.
- Special (Timed) Challenges – Optional timed challenges (marked with a clock on the map screen) also offer rewards upon successful completion, but they must be engaged before time runs out and they disappear from the map.
- Facebook – Sign into Batman: Arkham Origins using Facebook and recommend the game to friends in order to gain free WayneTech points.
- WBID – Signing into the game using a WB account gives you access to bonus content, including consumable items and game skins.
- Move in Threes – When you string together three successful attacks, you’re given the option to swipe and deal additional damage. Remember this, since attacking blindly will more than likely kill your given opportunity to deal those extra blows.
- Know When to Switch Stances – If you keep failing at a mission, try to avoid merely going onto the battlefield with your fists flying. Learn when it’s appropriate to switch from assault stance to guard stance and access your healing abilities.
- Upgrade Fisticuffs First – You’ll be punching the bad guys more than anything (you’re Batman, after all), so upgrade your fisticuffs stat early and often.
- Learn Enemy Tells, Then Block – Blocking in Batman: Arkham Origins is essential to survival. Most of the bad guys make certain body gestures when they’re about to strike, so learn these subtle movements in order to block and counter effectively.
Batman: Arkham Origins for WayneTech Coins Cheats >>
Batman: Arkham Origins Guide: Get More Free Upgrade Points & Waynetech Points >>
Batman: Arkham Origins Top 10 Tips & Cheats >>
Batman: Arkham Origins Cheats, Strategy and Tips >>
Batman: Arkham Origins Combat Guide>>
Batman: Arkham Origins Guide: How to Win Without Spending Any Money >>
Batman: Arkham Origins Guide: How to Beat Every Assassin >>
Batman: Arkham Origins Guide: How to Unlock Every Batsuit >>
Batman: Arkham Origins Achievements and Points Guide >>