Boom! Tanks is the ideal app for action fans, here below some tips that will give you the edge over your competition, and help you coast through the Challenges and Campaign with ease.
- The two general things you'll need to be concerned with when it comes to gameplay is aiming at your opponent and firing off shells at the right moment. With aiming, it's very easy - simply drag your finger so that the on-screen cursor stays on your target for the required eight or so seconds. Once you're locked in, the screen will read "Perfect Aim!" and you can get to firing. Some enemies in later stages move a little faster, but it's still a pretty friendly system.
- As for firing off shells, you have a yellow bar that sits right alongside a loading bar. You'll see that a shot is ready to go when your teammates have put the shell into place. Once loaded, the firing meter will begin to swivel from right to left. You'll want to hit it as close to the center grid as possible. The closer you get, the better the shot against your opponent will be, and it's important to get "perfect" shots as often as possible. Not only will you do major damage if you do this, but you'll also unlock a few GameCenter awards in the process if you get a streak going. Keep at it - practice makes perfect.
- You'll have to upgrade sooner rather than later, and there are six key areas where you can do so - Main Gun, Ammo, Armor, Tech, Aiming and Reload. Main Gun is vital when it comes to upgrading, since this is what you fire at those rival tanks with. Upgrade this area as soon as possible, then take on the Daily Assignments and Challenges to get more cash, so you can level up the others. A balanced tank is definitely the way to go.
- Upgrading to a new tank will take you quite a while, as you'll need a good amount of cash - or patience - to get the one you want. That said, don't be afraid to look around and find an ideal one that fits your needs, whether it's speed, power or traction you're looking to boost. Be sure to check on how each tank compares to then others and, when you're ready, make your purchase with all the facts in mind.
- Before you head into battle, it's always a good idea to check your "Threat Indicator." This gives you an idea of how you'll fare against your current opponent, and whether they're stronger than you are. If they are, think about what you can upgrade first, or select a stronger tank for the job.
Subscribe to Daily Browser Games News!