Download Dragons of Atlantis: Heirs of the Dragon;
Dragons of Atlantis: Heirs of the Dragon is a strategy game developed by Kabam. Build your army and defend your city with the might of the ancient dragons of Atlantis.This quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
- Dragons of Atlantis: Heirs of the Dragon is free to play, and can be played by clicking the "Play Now!" option at the top of this page.
- When you start Dragons of Atlantis: Heirs of the Dragon, Cassandra greets you and explains the basics of Dragons of Atlantis: Heirs of the Dragon.
Dragons of Atlantis: Heirs of the Dragon basics
- The goal of Dragons of Atlantis: Heirs of the Dragon is to build and expand your city, research ancient technologies, build an army, grow your dragon, and ultimately conquer the world around you.
- To switch between your city, your resource fields, and the world map where you do battle, simply click on this icon in the bottom left corner.
Building your town, and building your army
- Following the tutorial, you will begin by building the basic buildings in your town. Build and upgrade homes to increase the number of citizens in your city, who you can then train to form an army.
- To train soldiers, you need to build a garrison. Upgrade the garrison to unlock new and stronger troops. Build more garrisons and you will be able to train multiple troops at the same time.
- Building and upgrading factories will allow you to train your troops faster, as well as unlock more advanced troops.
- Another way to unlock more advanced troops is by building a science center and doing research. Certain troops require a minimum level of garrison, in combination with a certain researched skill.
- The science center is good for more than just war though: you can also do agricultural and mining research, increasing the efficiency of your resource gathering.
- In the world around you, there are several areas you can conquer. In the world map, these areas are divided into tiles, such as a lake, a forest, or other cities. The number next to them shows the level of the location: the higher the level, the stronger the enemies.
- TIP: To come best prepared, send out a spy before you choose to attack an area. Spying will show you what kind of enemies, and how many, there are in a given area. This way you can make sure you train and send a force strong enough to conquer the area.
- When you have trained your forces strong enough to conquer the world, choose your troops and send them out to the area you wish to conquer.
- Come home victorious, and you will also gain a long-term profit of the areas you've conquered. For instance, conquering a lake will boost your food production, while conquering a mountain will boost your mining operations.
Buildings are an essential component to any successful city. Constructing and upgrading a variety of buildings will help your city grow and thrive by providing different bonuses and resources. Each construction task takes a certain amount of time to complete and requires a certain amount of resources to initiate. These requirements can be found when clicking on the building type you wish to construct or upgrade.
The Science Center is where you research new technologies. New technologies can boost resource production, increase troops power and give you the ability to train highly skilled troops. Make sure to read the requirements for each technology before you start researching them. Requirements can be found clicking on the technology you wish to research or upgrade.
Last start-up tip
- At the beginning of the game, you get a good amount of starting resources, and as you complete quests, you will earn even more. To get things up and running quickly, follow the quests and just build and upgrade all your base buildings as soon as you can.
- You will reach a point where you will actually have to start saving for new buildings and upgrades, and that is the moment to slow down. But until then, just spend like there's no tomorrow. And before you know it, you will have your own dragon to fight by your side.
- When it comes to constructing a building, researching technologies, or training troops, only one timer of each type can be active at any one time. Plan out your strategy and be sure to keep a timer started at all times to make the most of your time!
- If you're looking for players to chat with or join your Alliance, participate in World Chat!
- Keep a close eye on your Gold and Resource consumption! If you want to construct new buildings, make sure you're producing enough Resources to meet the requirements.
- The physical layout of buildings in your city does not have any effect on their usefulness, place them wherever you like.
- Having second thoughts about a building? You can always destroy it with a Mass Nullifier and build something else.