Zombie Farm Battles is a free to play card battle game with adorable zombies in a farm setting. You'll make new friends, collect zombie cards, and engage in battle with other players while creating new decks and organizing your card collection.
- When the game first starts up, you can choose to start a new game or load a previous one. Since we're just starting, of course you'll start a new game.
- You will be taken immediately to the main menu, Old McDonnell's Farm, where a zombie greets you with a silly, toothy grin. Your first task is to create a zombie.
- Click on the "shop" gravestone to open up the "friend card packs" menu. You'll purchase one friend card pack. One randomly chosen zombie character will be generated for you.
- Once you've gotten a zombie card, it's time to set out on your first quest. You may tap anywhere to advance. Your zombie character card will advance forward when it comes upon an enemy card on the play space. A card battle will ensue, and your character card will engage in combat. The tutorial will allow you to emerge victorious, and from there you will earn a new card.
- Tap on the "cards" gravestone to edit your deck. You can tap on your newest card to add it to your play deck, and come back here any time when you've found more to do it again.
- As you continue on, you will obtain new cards. You can use multiple cards to combine them. Tap on your card's grave stone, and then choose "manage cards." Tap on the card you wish to use in combination, then tap on the next one. Tap "enhance," then select the new card to "enhance" the other. In the case of this tutorial, combining the card nets you a leveled-up version of the first card. Each time you enhance, cards become stronger. Try to combine cards of the same color.
- Continue along the quest path to eventually complete the quest.
- The tutorial also covers battles, which would normally take place between you and others. Tap the "battles" grave stone option. Tap the purple button that shows two crossed swords. Both opponents will "battle," and if you win you will receive battle points and friend tokens. Each battle improves your rank. At the end of the event, you can win rare prizes based on your rank.
- The tutorial continues by showcasing the "messages" grave stone, where your inbox displays updates, new messages, and notifications about items you may have received.
- Progression is done by advancing through more quests, and earning more cards.
- Once you've completed the initial setup, you can choose a name. You cannot change it later. The game will then ask if you'd like to receive push notifications, so if you want to see them, choose to allow.
- From here, you're taken to your Messages screen.
- From the main menu, you can access each hub world you've unlocked. Choose one to begin.
- Aside from completing quests, you can engage in battle with your fellow players. Click on the "Battles" grave stone to begin.
- If there is an event going on, there will be a banner denoting it at the top of the screen. Events run often, and you can win special rewards and perks for battling during them.
- A list of enemies you can battle will be displayed to the right of your avatar. Click on the purple swords button to engage in battle. You have a set amount you can complete daily, and that total is listed at the bottom of the screen.
- You may pay a specific coin amount to reshuffle the enemies chosen at random for you by clicking on the yellow icon here.
- To see what rewards you might be able to get from specific events, tap on the blue "event rewards" button.
- You can purchase various forms of currency, as well as Friend Card packs here. Tap on the "Shop" grave stone to bring up a list of the items currently available.
- Stars: Experience points earned as you continue throughout each quest area. The more you earn, the quicker you'll be able to level up and raise your stats.
- Coins: Purchase reshuffles for battles and more with coins. Earn coins while completing quests and defeating opponents as you progress.
- Smiles: These are directly correlated with your friends and the actions that they take. Receive more when friends send you cheers. You can send cheers to friends as well.
- Energy: Energy is required to participate in quests. Once depleted, you can purchase more with brains or wait for them to repopulate.
- Stamina: Denoted by the red sword, stamina is used in battle. You can purchase more by spending brains.
- Brains: Brains are the premium currency of Zombie Farm Battles. They can be used to purchase energy, stamina, and more. Additional brains are purchased with real-world currency. You can also earn them when you complete quests.
- Friend Tokens: You can earn more cards by collecting more Friend Tokens.
- Cheers: You get three cheers a day. You can select friends to cheer, which will grant them more smiles.
- Adding Friends: Adding friends is an integral part of the game. You can add via Facebook, Twitter, at random from the pool of players, or you can search for a specific friend. The more friends you have, the more friend tokens you will receive. In turn, this gets you more cards.
- You can progress through the game at a brisk pace without spending a dime if you space out your interactions during the day. Wait for energy to recharge, and you'll be able to get more done without spending a dime.
- Choose your friends wisely. Make space for those who will support you rather than keeping freeloaders around!
- Letting the game optimize your deck with the best cards you have available is always a good option if you're not sure how to do so yourself. It's a good idea to do this often to make sure you're fighting fit