Here below a quick guide fo Marvel Avengers Alliance, a superhero role playing game from Playdom. Recruit heroes, battle enemies and take on your friends's teams in this action/strategy game.
By Darcie King From Gamezebo
Quick Start Guide
Navigating the Screen
- At the top of the screen you will find your current level and experience as well as your energy and current balances for silver, gold, S.H.I.E.L.D points, and command points.
- On the right side of the screen you will find your current quests.
- At the bottom of your screen you will find your friends bar and access to your missions, store, team, PvP, and research.
- When you are fighting, you will have a different toolbar at the bottom of your screen. Here you will find your available attacks as well as the recharge button, your inventory, available distress calls, and the combat store.
- Silver: Silver is the main currency in Marvel: Avengers Allianc. Silver is used to purchase equipment and supplies. You can earn silver by visiting friends, sending team members on remote ops missions, completing missions, and completing quests.
- Gold: Gold is the premium currency in the game. Gold can be used to purchase S.H.I.E.L.D points and command points, hire staff, unlock items early, and skip quests. Gold can be purchased using Facebook Credits. You also earn one gold every time you level up.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Points: S.H.I.E.L.D. points are used for numerous things in the game. They are needed to level up your team members, conduct research, and to purchase certain items. S.H.I.E.L.D. points are earned by visiting friends, receiving them as gifts, or purchasing them using gold.
- Command Points: Command points allow you to recruit new Heroes to your team. Command points can be found during fights, earned from deploy missions, or purchased using gold.
- Challenge Points: Challenge points allow you to challenge other players to fights.
- Experience: You will earn experience by fighting battles, completing missions, and finishing quests. When you earn enough experience you will level up and unlock new missions, equipment, and various other items. You also can unlock new skills and increase in strength.
- Heroes: Heroes fight by your side when you go on missions or fight PvP. You will unlock new heroes on occasion when you level up. You can also recruit heroes using command points. Each hero requires a certain number of command points to be recruited.
- Health: Your health bar shows you how much health your characters have remaining. When you are out of health you will be removed from battle. If all of your characters run out of health, then you lose the fight. When you are in a battle you will want to pay special attention to your agents health. Your character is the only person who has access to your inventory, so if they are incapacitated you will be unable to heal any or your heroes.
- Stamina: Your stamina allows you to attack your enemies. Each attack costs a certain amount of stamina. When you are out of stamina you will need to recharge or use a stamina boost pack to replenish your stamina.
- Quests: Quests are tasks that you can perform to earn bonus experience, silver, and items.
- Team: Throughout the game you will be building up your team. Recruit heroes to assist you on missions and level them up to help them reach their full potential.
- Research: Research allows you to unlock new equipment and items that can give you an edge in battle.
- Training: Training allows you to level up your heroes. You will need silver and S.H.I.E.L.D. points to train them. Training your heroes will increase their abilities and unlock new attacks for them to use.
- News: Click on the news button located at the bottom left of your screen to get up to date information on the game, see what items have been added to the game, and see a list of your new rivals.
- Rival: A rival is another player who fought your team while you were away from the game. If they defeated you, you can get revenge and challenge them to another fight.
- Store: The store is where you can purchase new items for you and your heroes.
- Gear: Gear is where you will find weapons to use in battles. Hover your mouse over items to see their stats. Some items have certain requirements that must be met before they will unlock.
- Uniforms: Uniforms provide your character with protection from attacks, as well as providing bonuses to various stats. They also allow you to equip ISO-8 pieces to add additional bonuses. Heroes have their own uniforms that cannot be changed, but ISO-8 slots will unlock as you train them.
- Supplies: Here you can purchase items to help you out in battles such as first aid packs, restoration packs, frag grenades, and other helpful items.
- Resources: Here you can purchase ISO-8 chips, energy boosts, and challenge points.
- Missions: Missions provide you with a story and numerous villains to fight your way through. Each mission ends with a boss fight. Completing missions earns you points and stars that help you unlock additional missions and complete quests.
- Attacks: Attacks are used to damage enemies in battle. Each hero has their own unique attacks. Using attacks uses up stamina.
- Recharge: Recharging allows you to sacrifice a characters turn so that they can recharge their stamina.
- Inventory: Your inventory is where you will find all your supplies that can be used during battle.
- Distress Call: Distress calls allow you to call a friend to your aid. They will show up and provide a powerful attack against an enemy. You must collect distress calls by visiting your neighbors, and each friend can only be called once per day. The more friends you have playing the game, the more distress calls you can collect.
- Combat Store: The combat store is only available during battle. Here you can purchase items that will heal your entire team, or attack all your enemies at one time for extra damage. You will need gold to purchase items from the combat store.
- Team Up Fight: In certain battles you will be joined by an Hero you haven’t yet recruited. They are usually more powerful than your current teammates. They tend to show up for mini-boss and boss battles.
- Mini-Boss: A mini-boss is a powerful enemy that you can battle prior to taking on the mission boss. If you choose not to battle them, they will fight at the mission bosses side during the boss battle.
- Boss: The final fight a mission. Bosses are very powerful and usually attack multiple times. They also tend to hit your team with negative status effects. You may wish to save your distress calls for these battles.
- Boss Reward: Once you defeat a boss you will receive a random reward.
- Flight Deck: Your flight deck is your base of operation.
- Flight Deck Remote Ops: Send your heroes on remote ops missions for bonus experience and silver. When you hero returns you will be able to collect your bonuses. Depending on the length of time you send them away for, you can earn larger bonuses. You can earn additional bonuses based upon the level of your heroes.
- Deploy Mission: Deploy missions take place during missions. You will lose one of your heroes for a certain number of turns but will earn a bonus upon their return.
Marvel: Avengers Alliance Guide: How to Level Up Faster >>
Marvel: Avengers Alliance Guide: How to Defeat Epic Bosses >>